With over 2 billion users, Youtube has become one of the fastest-growing social media platforms. This fast-track growth can be the culmination of the various applications it has. Whether you’re a teacher looking for a platform to teach your students or a brand that wants to connect with its audience, Youtube’s got something for everyone. Being a naive teen, if you had started a Youtube channel back in the 2010s and now looking back at the name you chose for your channel, you feel embarrassed; I understand. Or even if you’re a business that wants to change its name but doesn’t want to start anew, we have the perfect guide for you! If you’re new to this, you might face problems in changing your Youtube channel name. Editing or removing your channel’s name is possible. But there’s a catch; in some cases, you’ll have to change the name of your Google account too.
If you are someone looking for tips on how to change your YouTube channel name, it seems that you have reached the right page. With our comprehensive guide’s help, all your queries related to updating your Youtube channel name will get solved.
How to Change YouTube Channel Name on Android
In order to change your YouTube channel name on Android, you need to note that your Google account name will also get edited accordingly since your YouTube channel name reflects the name on your Google account.
1. Launch the YouTube app and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen. Sign in to your YouTube channel.
2. Tap on the Your Channel option from the list.
3. Tap on Edit Channel below your Channel’s name. Change the name and press OK.
How to Change YouTube Channel Name on iPhone & iPad
You can also edit or change your channel’s name on iPhone & iPad. Although the basic idea is the same for both Android and iPhones, we have still mentioned them. The detailed steps for this method are elaborated below:
- Launch the YouTube app and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen.
- Sign in to your YouTube channel.
- Tap on the Settings icon, which is on the right corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the pen icon, which is next to your channel’s name.
- Finally, edit your name and tap on OK.
Also Read: How to Disable ‘Video paused. Continue watching’ on YouTube
How to Change YouTube Channel Name on Desktop
You can also edit or change your YouTube channel name on your desktop. You need to follow the below-mentioned instructions to update your channel’s name:
1. First of all, sign in to YouTube Studio .
2. Select Customization from the side menu, followed by clicking on Basic info.
3. Tap on the pen icon next to your channel name.
4. You can now edit your YouTube channel name.
5. Finally, click on Publish, which is in the upper right corner of the tab
Note: You can only change your channel name up to three times every 90 days. So, don’t get carried away, make up your mind and use this option sensibly.
How to Change your YouTube Channel Description?
If you want to advance the visibility of your channel, having a good description is one thing that can help you do it. Or, if you’re thinking of changing your channel’s genre, changing the description to reflect what your new channel is about is essential. The detailed steps for changing your YouTube channel description are elaborated below:
1. First of all, you must sign in to YouTube Studio .
2. Then select Customization from the side menu, followed by clicking on Basic info.
3. Finally, edit or add a new description for your YouTube channel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I rename my YouTube channel?
Yes, you can rename your YouTube channel by tapping on your profile picture and then opening your channel. Here, tap on the pen icon next to your channel name, edit it and finally tap on OK.
Q2. Can I change my YouTube channel name without changing my Google name?
Yes, you can change your YouTube channel name without changing your Google account name by creating a Brand Account and linking it to your YouTube channel.
Q3. Why can’t I change my YouTube channel name?
Youtube has a rule that you can only change your channel name three times every 90 days, so look into that too.
Q4. How can you change your YouTube channel name without changing your Google name?
If you do not want to change your Google account name while editing your YouTube channel name, there is an alternative method. You’ll have to create a Brand Account and then link the same account to your YouTube channel.
- 3 Ways to Block YouTube Ads on Android
- How to Block Annoying YouTube Ads with Single click
- How to Access Voicemail Messages on Android phone
- How to Turn Off Autocorrect on Android
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to update your YouTube channel name. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.