Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms. You can click stunning photos using Instagram filters and add them to your Instagram Stories. However, if you have a private profile…only your followers would be able to see your stories.
Followers are important as they are the people who would be able to see your posts and stories and react to them. Losing your Instagram followers is very frustrating, and the worst part is being unaware of who unfollowed you.
Many users remain confused about how to see who unfollowed you on Instagram? However, Instagram does not provide you with any direct option informing you about who unfollowed you recently.
If you want to know who unfollowed you recently on Instagram, you have reached the right page. We have brought you an amazing guide that will help you know when someone unfollows you on Instagram. You must read till the end to understand how to check who unfollowed you on Instagram.
How to see who Unfollowed you on Instagram
Who are your Instagram followers?
“Followers” and “Following” are the key components of an Instagram profile. The Following reflects those people whose posts and stories are visible to you, whereas your Followers reflect those who can see your stories and posts.
Does Instagram inform you about Unfollowers?
Although Instagram informs you whenever you receive a follower request or someone follows you. It does not inform you about people who are unfollowing you. This feature is useful when you want to remove unwanted people from your Instagram as they won’t get notified about the same. However, they would know someone unfollowed them as their followers counter would fall instantaneously. But the problem arises when someone unfollows you.
Although Instagram doesn’t notify you about your unfollowers, you may still check whether someone unfollowed you on Instagram using the manual approach or using third-party apps. Both the methods that you can use for understanding how to see who unfollowed you on Instagram are elaborated below:
Method 1: Using Manual Approach
This technique is only helpful if you want to check if a certain person unfollowed you or you doubt about someone who might have unfollowed you.
1. Open Instagram and login into your account.
2. After logging into your account, tap on your “Profile” icon given on the bottom left corner of your screen.
3. Here, tap on the “Followers” option provided with a number counter.
4. Tap on the search bar available on the top of your screen and enter your friend’s username who you think might have unfollowed you.
5. On reaching their profile, tap on the “Following” option to get the list of people they are following.
6. Type your username in the search bar, and if your profile doesn’t appear in the search results, it means the person has unfollowed you.
Also Read: How to Hide Instagram Story from everyone except one Person
Method 2: Using a third-party app
Many third-party apps are available on the Play Store or App Store that lets you keep records of your Instagram account.
The different third-party apps available on the PlayStore for tracking your Instagram profile records include Followers Assistant, Followers & Unfollowers, Unfollowers for Instagram, and Follower Analyzer.
You may use any of these apps as per your preferences for tracking your Follower’s records on Instagram. We have elaborated the steps involved while using “Follower Analyzer” in this guide:
1. Launch “ Follower Analyzer ” and log in with your Instagram credentials.
2. On the next page, you will find three headings viz. Posts, Followers, and Following. The minus or plus sign below these numbers reflects the recent unfollows on your account.
3. Here, you need to tap on the “Followers” option.
4. After loading, you will access your Instagram account with amazing options like Total, Gain, and Lost followers.
5. Tap on “Lost” to get the list of friends who have recently unfollowed you.
6. Additionally, you may also check the accounts that you are following but are not on your follower’s list. To know about that, tap on the “Not-Follow Back” option on the same screen.
What to do after finding out who unfollowed you?
You might be upset if someone from your close friends unfollowed you. However, jumping on to a conclusion is not a solution here. You may ask your friend about the reason or ask them to follow you back.
To ensure that your followers don’t decrease, you must like their uploaded photos and react to their stories to remain engaged with them. If someone who doesn’t matter has unfollowed you, you can opt to unfollow him right back.
However, if you are an Instagram influencer or aiming to become one, you should not unfollow anyone. Keep them engaged with your posts and interactive stories, and ask them the reasons for unfollowing you. In the same manner, if you are promoting your business on Instagram. It will help if you try to keep your audience updated with the upcoming sale and products in your store.
Precautions for using third-party apps
Although, it is really helpful to understand who has recently unfollowed you using third-party apps. It would help if you were careful of the permissions you are allotting to these apps, as these apps may infect your smartphones with malicious codes. You must read their policies before granting any permissions to these apps. If you are using Instagram as your business profile, consider using paid analytics apps available on the Play Store.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do you find out who unfollowed you on Instagram?
You can use third-party apps like Followers Assistant, Followers & Unfollowers, Unfollowers for Instagram, and Follower Analyzer for finding out who unfollowed you on Instagram.
Q2. What is the best unfollow app for Instagram?
The best unfollow app for Instagram is FollowCo .
Q3. How do I check if my followers are following me?
You can check if your followers follow you by manually checking their profiles and searching your name under their following list. Moreover, you may use a third-party app for this purpose, such as Unfollowers for Instagram and Follower Analyzer.
- How to See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
- How to View Full Size Instagram Photos
- What Do The Numbers on Snapchat Mean?
- How to Fix Voicemail not working on Android
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to see who unfollowed you on Instagram. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.